Monday, February 4, 2019

Diary of a distracted individual

I just returned from Sundance, in lovely Park City Utah.
It's Monday, I've got coffee, defrosted pork meat, a slightly hungry belly and a few hours of work I need to do.

Here's what my brain is thinking of instead:
I need to return some phone calls before I lose friendships
I should check on Dad in Florida and make sure he didn't have a heart attack
I hope Dad doesn't die like Mom did.  That seriously was the worst thing I've ever dealt with in my life
I miss Mom so much, I should probably have a good cry about her.  Also, am I ignoring my pain?
The holidays weren't as tough as I thought they would be without her
I bet next year will be hard. I should probably journal about that
Oh wait, I did cry super hard during the documentary about David Crosby, when he showed Cameron Crowe the "Our House" house.  We played the song "Our House" for my mom when she was essentially in her coma.  OK, I'm probably going to cry now.
I need to get toilet paper and coffee creamer and kleenex
I should workout today. Run? Hike?  Treadmill? 
Why does my dog walk away from me after I pet her for 3 minutes?
Andy is right, my dog is a weirdo
I should get on those job leads
I need to update my resume
Why doesn't word on my macbook let me change the bullet points on my resume? 
England has some lovely secret historic homes to rent
I need to clean the floors
I need to re-hang these curtain rods.  But it's a JOB
I need to get my California Drivers License
I really need to work
Maybe I'll take a nap today?
I use mason jars as storage for perishable food in the frig. Is that unhealthy?
I wish I had some avocado
The most exciting thing in my life is my new air fryer.
I need to go work
Right after I try to love on my dog, again


No comments: