Saturday, May 5, 2007

Band Geek in NY


Sunday, April 29, 2007


NY day. I was walking on 53rd and 7th, when I heard a marching band! It was a group from the Brooklyn Academy of Music and Arts. They sounded GREAT, and seemed to be part of a fair housing/stop the city from demolishing our building kind of rally. I was befuddled by the street protestors who held up signs on sticks with pics of what looked like modern art and photographs. The band seemed befuddled, but good-naturedly excited for the gig. There was one police officer on hand, and some barriers. The “protestors/picketers” were jamming to the band and seemed thrilled by the crowd they were attracting. But I really, even after concentrated effort, couldn’t figure out what was going on. I didn’t ask, because I’m a little shy about asking for directions or clarification from strangers.

But, I LOVED the band!

No comments: