Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Friday, June 28, 2007
I’m home in good old Elyria, Ohio.

We went to Cedar Point, a lovely amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio.

Once you enter the park, there are photographers waiting to take your picture to sell to you later. It felt like the cruise all over again.

I almost said “No thanks, I’m crew” as I walked by. At every gangway at every port on the ship, the photographers would await your exit and try to take your pic with a dolphin (for Dominican Republic) or a gnarly pirate (for all Virgin Islands) or a creepy faux-astronaut (for Port Caneveral). These costumed guys would man-handle you into the frame pretty quickly, so we’d scoot around them saying “Crew! Crew! No thank you, Crew!” to keep their mitts off of us.

My favorite ride at Cedar Point was the Millenium roller coaster. The first hill was tremendousouly steep and long.

Cedar Point is really great as far as theme parks go—it’s perched on a peninsula in Sandusky Bay, surrounded entirely by the blue waters of Lake Erie. When you ride a ride, you don’t see a highway and boring burbs and outlet malls, instead you see water and trees and a beach. I really love it there so much.

Here’s some rugrats who came along with me.

No comments: