Saturday, January 12, 2008

24-hour visit

My mom and dad have been driving in lately for what I consider a "power" visit from Ohio. THey leave super-early from Ohio, get here to Chicago around noon, and then leave the next morning at 9am. They really don't seem to mind the drive...and we get an afternoon and evening.

These visits tend to be low-key, almost always under the radar.

They came in yesterday, along with my niece Jayna. We hung out in Andersonville, went to a few shops of knick-nacks on Argyle and the Borders in Uptown.

Then, out for pizza at Ranalli's, then home to watch a movie.

This morning, a lovely early breakfast at Orange, and then off they went.

I've been doing laundry, catching up on email and cleaning since then.

I'm a big fan of the power visit....I recommend it if you have high-energy, long-drive loving family members who are 6 hours away.

Off to learn some lines for the upcoming ship--I'm going on another Second City cruise in 2 weeks!

THis time, out of LA down to Mexico.

Loyal readers will recall that last year, at about this time, I went on the NCL Spirit, to the Caribbean out of NYC.

I'm looking forward to doing the shows, and then reading, watching movies, maybe getting some writing done.

It's so relaxxing and fun for me.....stay tuned.

No comments: