Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Whales, wildlife, water, whatever

One day last week—in Cabo

Is it possible to be cynical about whales?

Today in a resort in Cabo, with a giant beautiful multi-pool and hot tub filled terrace, overlooking the ocean, with whales nearly at the sand’s edge, I sat huddled under a beach towel, below a thatched hut, online, and stressed out about everything. I read about how cold it was in Chicago, and worried about my friends, I felt guilty about not keeping up with emails and phone calls, fretted about a job when I get back in May/June, I felt like I was boring and felt sad/mad about everything. Finally, I just shut the laptop and came into the sunshine. I felt better, but man, I was starting to freak out.


So, this next cruise, I will strive for a little more structure and work, which I am clearly craving. And maybe then I won’t be compelled to blow off walking to the beach to look at the whales just off the shoreline because I have free internet. I mean, get over myself.

No comments: