Friday, April 11, 2008

100 little posts on the wall, 100 posts of words....


Happy 100!
Yes, my friends, this is officially my 100th post.

I originally intended to write a pithy, reflective post about how at the Starbucks in Acapulco, where I am currently sitting, I attempted to speak Spanish as i ordered my yogurt parfait and coffee, but got caught up when she asked "De donde esta?" I thought she was asking "For here, or to go?" so I sort of gestured back behind me in the general direction of the tables. She then broke the allusion that we were actually having a conversation, and said,
"No, where are you from?"
I answered "The ship. The Norwegian Star"

But not for much longer. We are on our penultimate Mexican Riviera cruise. And, as my friend Lis predicted, the last few cruises have been much more fun for me then the middle section.

I think it's for a number of reasons---I stopped drinking as much, started working out some more, reading books I really like and taking time doing things I like to do. For example, today, I went off the ship, went to see "Eastern Promises" here at Galleria Diana, laid in the VIP Barcaloungers and ate popcorn and drank diet coke as I watched the excruciating machinations of the Russian mob in London come to grips with their actions and what happens when you treat young girls horribly. Good times.

Now, I'm sitting in the aforementioned Starbucks, sipping on my coffee, watching the people go by to shop at really expensive Mexican Gap and Banana Republic, and will go out to dinner tonight.

Last night, we had an early show, and then had a heli-pad party to celebrate Megan's birthday. Then, a cast-only (plus, a few others) hang-out in Tilliski and Keith's cabin. We listened to music, drank some brews and then I went on a walk out on the deck and watched the waves and stars.

I'm happy to have been on the ship, but will be happy to go on my little West-coast road trip and then home to my lovely little condo, where friends, summer festivals and hopefully, a really great job await me.

Tonight, out to dinner, hopefully overlooking the lovely view of Acapulco at night (Mountains, ocean, lights) and then to the heli-pad for sailaway.

And where am I from?

Ohio. Freakin' Elyria, Ohio. And I'm proud.

But for now, I am from the Norwegian Star.

2 comments:

Jen & Larrance on a Ship said...

Hey -

Congratulations on the end of your upcoming contract!

Did you get my e-mail? I want to make sure it didn't get lost somewhere at sea.

Jen

Elisabeth Dunson said...

YAY BECKY IS COMING HOME!!!