Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pentecostal, showtunes and WI-FI rest stops


What is it about rural coastal towns that there is a large amount of Pentecostal Churches? I saw it in Maine, and I've just seen it again in rural Washington State. The only other thing I know about these churches is that John Ashcroft was rumoured to hold a prayer service in his office in the morning before work started. Attorney General work. Oh, and that my dear old dad had once attended a Pentecostal service on a date somewhere near his college, Ohio University, and there was a snake involved in the service. So, I am biased against these churches but that creeps me out a bit. Oh well, people get creeped out by Catholics and I think that's within the range of normal religion. Except the anti-gay and anti-abortion stuff. And some other bad stuff, too. Sorry, I'm going to cut this conversation off because I can see I've lost some of you.

Anyway, also wonderful on a roadtrip---Showtunes from the wonderful Sniffen. He made me a mix of his favorite diddies from Broadway, and I was singing, at the top of my lungs, to Music Man, Avenue Q and many others.

Finally, the rest stops in Washington promote that they have free wireless. I hope to test out that theory tomorrow on the road.

I'm not going to say where i am to protect my trip--but it's awesome. Really awesome. Plus, it's clamming weekend!

I think I've said too much.

Chicago reader---please keep me honest on the following things I am interested in doing when I get back to Chicago---join the WW again, sing up for the Musical Theatre class at Old Town, see if I can get a mini-internship at WBEZ and go hiking.

Until then, happy Tuesday to all of you faithful readers.....

No comments: