Monday, October 20, 2008

End of the contract as we know it


And I feel freaked out.

Everyone get that 90s reference?

When I was moving one time, my roommate Andy pointed out to me that I had a lot of cds from the 90s--Sting, REM, Arrested Development, etc .  I am just now realizing that's because I worked at Camelot Records for those 4 weeks or so in my senior year in high school. I was mostly placed in the cassingle section, but I did spend some time in CDs.  I was really tooty back then...so I would lay a stinker and then slide down the Cassingle wall and hope that Camelot Customers would blame it on one of the community college kids who worked there full-time.

I also stockpiled cds when I joined the cd clubs.  You know, where you could get 12 cds for the price of 1.  BMI?  

Anyway, I hearted REM a ton a ton a ton.

What I don't heart right now is the economy that results in me not having another contract once this one is up.

I keep saying I'll get a job dog-walking, or start to babysit....but that money doesn't compare at all to a job job....so I've got to save my pennies.

Maybe this blog will become the quirky story of a girl forced to save, but along the way, she discovers herself, true love and the meaning of friendship.

Except, I haven't been wasting my dollars on designer bags and fabulous dresses.  I mean, I did buy some stuff at Banana Republic this summer for work, and we can all admit that's pretty high-end for me.  But, I still have pleather brown boots that hurt my feet (take that boot makers) because I'm not willing to spend more then $50 on new boots that will probably have a heel, be too narrow for my wide foot and not practical for downtown commuting.

What do you do with the boots if you wear them at work and at home?  Do you commute back and forth in your snow boots, and then put the boots in an extra bag?  Where does your lunch fit in?

I get confused on these issues.

But, for now, I don't have to worry about any of that because I DON'T HAVE A JOB at the end of this week.

Yikes.

If you have a nice, cool, awesome job, please let me know!

I can do media planning, buying, research, I can sell advertising, I can do marketing tasks, I can analyze data like no one's business.

But what I'm really interested in doing is maybe working on a tv set or film for this winter.  Or, doing some production work or something.

HELP!!!!!  Or these children will not get my hand-me-downs to play dress up or a borders gift card from Aunt Becky this Christmas.....


No comments: