Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to School


So, I'm back from the lovely land of Maine---blueberries, lobsters, healthier brothers, adorable nieces who raise their hands to give suggestions in an improv show, and the awesome Improv Acadia--and I am also back to reality.  Maine was a bit frustrating--I had some NASTY blisters that prevented me from hiking or running--and man, I felt the difference.  Apparently, exercise is good for your mental health.  Nice, exercise, very nice.

I've had a summer of here and there work, a little teaching, some directing and lots of bike riding---and I'm really thrilled to be back to work.

And, I open a brand new show in less then a week!

I couldn't be happier about it--it's called "That's showbiz, kid!" and features showbiz legends, Montgomery and Cooke!  I play Lorraine Montgomery---and Jamie Buell plays my husband/comedy partner, Paddie Cooke.

We have been working really hard and I hope it turns out ok.  It's a bit olde-tyme, which I LOVE, plus, I think my friend Beka is going to try to do an old-fashioned hair style for me. FUN!

We have dances, guest stars, comedy, silliness and more.

This post is turning into a show plug--whoops!  www.montgomeryandcooke.com, at LOL theatre on Thursday nights.

Anyway, that's been keeping me very busy, along with work training (did I mention I'm working at PEOPLE?) and you know, life.

Hope everyone enjoys the last bits of summer and comes out to see the show!


2 comments:

Erica said...

How did it go last night? Congrats! I cant wait to see it!

Becky Eldridge said...

Thanks Erica!!! It went really really well...excited for the week! (we had to cancel last week because low audience numbers:)

How are you???