Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Happy Happy

oh my toes are cold, my coffee is in my pooh mug and I am freshly showered.  I am sitting in my little sun room, and Andy is reading off all the travel deals he is finding ($799 for London for 6 nights!  $549 for Florence) and I am happy in my little house.

It's Thursday, I'm not working, and prospects look as dim as the 4:30 darkness in December.

But I am happy.

Today I go to have  lunch with ladies that were my first friends in Chicago.  One I even knew when I was an intern here in 1993.  1993!  So, we'll have lunch and then I think I'm off to the movies.

Or maybe writing.

Or reading my book.

Or working on my brain puzzles.

Who knows?

Tonight is a party of sorts and then another one, too.

Saturday my brother Paul and two of the little ladies come to pick me up for Christmas in Ohio. One of the gals already has her bag packed.  I can't wait to go downtown or walk around Andersonville with them and then watch a holiday movie on my couch.

I am happy happy happy.

Next up: Find a job!  Get an agent!  Write some more! Produce a show!  Purge my books!  Find true love!  Exercise more!  Move to London!

But mostly, go get my toes warm...and with that I say goodbye.

No comments: