Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I know you've all been dying to know what I am doing on my first day off.

Well, people, it's been exciting.

Last night I came home and Andy and I did one of our favorite dinners---where we combine any leftovers we have and make it a big giant dish.  He had roast pork cooked in weird spices and pasta with black beans and tomatoes (not tomato sauce, just tomatoes from a can).  I had marinated  Mozzarella and proscuitto.  So, we combined it and it was DELISH!  

I grabbed a cab over to the old Martyrs for The Moth Story Slam competition, hosted by our new friend, Brian Babylon.  I met him last week at the Freople's Flexiest Man Alive Party, along with the BBC host who was following him around for a piece on BBC.  Hi-larious.  Anyway, my new work friends and I loved hanging out with him, and even more, loved seeing him on stage. 

I was in a heckling mood I guess--or at least really vocal---and the Story Slam certainly heard my opinion.  Here's what happens---Brian hosts, and 10 people's name are drawn from a hat and they have 5 minutes to tell a story on a topic (this month, it was themed around "Blunders").  They tell, three sets of audience judges judge, and we listen and then boo and hiss at the judge's score.  Most were really great---some stories had a lot of affectation, even for this nerdy NPR crowd.  I have to say, can't we all get over the fact that we were the smart nerdy kids who got shit on in high school?  Big deal---at least we got to go to high school.  Whatevs lady who told your story about living in West Africa and surprising all the locals by speaking their language.  That's your story?  It ended up being a story about using a phrase and gesture that were inadvertendly dirty---I mean, we all learn about that in Spanish or French 101---but you're just excited and proud because your story takes place in darkest AFRICA.  Wow---aren't you a treat?  Gross.

Anyhow, she was scored very lowly, and we didn't boo the judges for that.

At one point, Brian Babylon pulled a name and called for a contestant who didn't come---and I yelled "Move On.Org".  That nerdy NPR crowd loved it.  Or, that's what I perceived.  I think I'll TM that usage.  Or copyright it. Or, at least shop it around at Thanksgiving.

Afterwards, over to Brownstone for some work gossip and then over to the old Wilde Pug for something---I'm pretty blurry on this part and then back home.  

And today, I FORCED myself to sleep in (I woke up in the 7am hour, per the usual) but then went back to sleep.  I finally arose at 10:20 (REBEL) and watched some Top Chef (I'm so BAD) and then got restless and will now go workout, do some laundry and clean up a bit.

Tonight=GLOGG at Simons.

Happy day before Thanksgiving--I love this day so much.


No comments: