Sunday, November 15, 2009

Darn it!

I'm plagued with injuries this week...all of a minor and completely inconsequential sort.

My heel has been bothering me---my workout friends tell me it's Plantar Fusticial Booby boo boo---basically, my heel hurts.

So, if I run/walk/etc I end up in ouchy town.

And just now, I was chopping onions for a multi-meal cooking project (turkey chili, salad and marinade for the steak) and I cut my middle finger.

I think it's time for me to hop on my bike and get out for a little non-heel pressure, much-needed air.

But first, I must recommend to you a lovely sporting event---my town's little sports team is known as the Chicago Bulls.  I attended a game last night, against another town's sports team, the Philadelphia 76ers---and our team won!  

There were many people out in droves, the weather was a balmy 62 degrees (in November! November!) and a lovely evening was had by all.

Those sporting events are DELIGHTFUL!  I cheered for the donut in the dunkin' donuts race! (Donut won, in a come-from-behind victory against the bagel with schmear and the coffee cup, who amazingly never sloshed his contents even as he chugged around the dunkin' donuts track)

I watched amazing MAGIC at Halftime which culminated in "Metamorphosis".  Friends, I've seen a lot of MAGIC in the last few years on cruise ships, and let me tell you, nothing gives a magician a bigger boner then METAMORPHOSIS---they LOVE it!  They love to present it at the end of their act, and introduce it as though it's the one thing we've all been waiting for all this time...and then they perform it!  And the man gets tied up in a velveteen or satin bag, goes down into the box and a curtain is pulled and the woman/helper hops out and then man comes out and has on a new outfit!  METAMORPHOSIS!  I'd be much more impressed if he came out a like a giant bug ala Kafka....but he came out wearing a BULLS jersey!  See---he customized his act to the BULLS game!

There was also a circus dog that I found to be very cute but mostly desperately clinging to his master's back as opposed to impressing us with his dog tricks.  I mean, all dogs can jump and give high paws, right?  Why isn't he jumping through hoops of FIRE???

The T-shirt cannons were great!  I just missed winning one.  And, the italian sausage was De-lish and De-lightful!

A party after at a friends' new place (nice carriage house, Chad) and a quick pop in for some late night dancing at that bar on Belmont that has a liquor store and sells shots at the front door and a lady bathroom attendant who hands you paper towels and offers you selections of Ban Deodorant, Tampons and condoms?  Big City?  Anyway, we danced to three songs and then there were no more so we left and tried Berlin but the cover was too high so we hopped on the el and went home.

And now, I'm injured and contemplating getting out of my jammies and putting on a bra and hanging out on the roof deck for a bit.

It is Sunday, yes?




No comments: