Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Last Day


Faithful readers may know that I am currently working at Scheople Magazine (I've changed the name to protect the innocent people at Scheople) and am wrapping up, well, today.

Yes, today is my last official day.  I will roll in on Monday for about two hours in the afternoon, but that's it.

Here's the funny thing at Keople---I've actually made some work friends!  I know, I know...as a freelancer, I've always just kept my head down and thought "I just need to get my work done--there's no time for me to dilly dally and go to lunch with work people" but at Teople, it's been different.

One day, I had a hankering for Pompeii (Herb Chicken Ravioli, please) and forced the other girls to go with me (I like to make decisions, and make them quickly and then move on).  We got there, sat down, and just started a funny, personal, open chat about life, love and Summer's Eve Feminine Spray (How do you know when you need it?  You just KNOW).

Since then, the gals and I have been palling around, dancing in the halls and yukking it up there at work.

What a delight!

So, I will miss them a lot.

I'm taking a poll, dear readers---what should I do on my first day free?  Keep in mind, it is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving:
1) House chores!  Cleaning, laundry, cooking, eating at home (BORING)

2) House entertainment!  Watch DVRed TV (hello, Glee!), go online and daydream about trip to London/Paris/Tuscany/Rome

3) Look for new job!  Send out resume, apply for internship (secret place), work on getting headshots out to agents, etc

4) Outside entertainment!  Go to gym, go see movie, go for walk, eat outside of home 

5) None of the above---go day drinking!  (Pro---it numbs and makes you forget!  Con---I really do like to get things done with my day, and drinking gets in the way of that.)

Respond in the comments with your thoughts!

And, I FINALLY got a new camera---check out the pic...

No comments: