Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bridge over stinky water

Hi!
I was waiting for the bus (I've completely shifted to bus commuting, by the way. It's faster.  It's prettier. And it's nice to walk to the lake in the morning. That, by far, is my favorite part of it---the morning walk.)

I heard lights and sirens and looked up.

I saw that there was an official van of public ways or transit or works pulling around in front of the Michigan Avenue bridge.

I swarmed with the others to take a closer look at this rare occurence of the raising of the Michigan avenue bridge.

I drank in the sight of dapple lights, backlit buildings, and saw the underside of the bridge, the sideways flags and the wind whipping through the tourists and non-jaded Chicagoans alike.

I took pictures and pictures and pictures.

I am no longer in a craptastic mood.

I love this city.

I am going to end now.

No comments: