Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I could never love anyone as I love my sisters...


I just got off the phone with my sister, Kitty. Yes, Kitty. Was there ever such a wonderful name? Kit is doing great--here oldest son is starting at Elyria High School--our alumnus. Oh, I love Elyria High! Kit got to go there for freshmen orientation, and we were both jealous of Tad starting his freshmen year. It's such an exciting time---what do you take? Where do you go? Who do you know? Oh Taddy! It's hard for me to believe that he's a 9th grader. He's a big guy--6 feet something, and I call him the Gentle Giant. He's playing frosh football and got to be the co-captain at his first game! Kitty and I like to have cocktails togehter late night sometimes--we both pour cocktails and quote lines from Little Women to each other. Does anyone else think of Laurie everytime you see Christian Bale as Batman???? I do. Oh Laurie! You could never love Jo as she deserved to be loved.

Apparently, it's a pretty common thing for sisters to compete over what role they would play if they were in Little Women. I always claim Jo, free-spirited, a writer, single lady of a certain age. My sisters graciously concede, and claim themselves as Meg or Beth (but who wants to die?) No one ever wants to be Amy, because she only cares about money.

Anywho, it's breezy and lovely and I miss my family.

Welcome to the world baby Seth Eldridge!!!!

My brother welcomed a new baby into his family, and I'm just thrilled as can be.

Yay family!

1 comment:

Erica said...

WOW that's a huge family!