Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This bus will now express....

It's morning time, and I have an exciting public transportation update.  I've discovered the charms of the 136 express bus, which picks me up at Sheridan and Foster (today I'm going to try to get picked up at Winnemac and Sheridan), speeds down Sheridan, and then expresses from Montrose to freaking Wacker Drive!  It is so darn fast, and such an amazing ride along the lake---I really am thrilled.  

I used to a 100% express bus gal.  But, then I started taking the el, and express busses became a distant memory of views of the lake and jostling my coffee in the accordion section of a giant 145.

Plus, they are slow as molasses once they hit Michigan aveneue.

But this speed demon of a bus bypasses any part of Michigan, yet delivers me almost exactly to my door.  I shave 12 minutes off my commute time, sometimes even longer.

Fun with public transit!

No comments: