Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Hey Team Eldridge!

So, last week was awful, as evidenced by my blog.

At this moment, I am sitting on my patio in LA, with Pickle begging to get out.  It's dark, but if it were light, she'd go sniff my herbs, try to go visit the neighbor's cat and probably pee on the concrete.

There's been a tremendous outpouring of love and support, and this week, my dad and I booked a flight for him to come visit in LA--a sort of care visit, and also, a "life-goes-on" visit.

And that's the thing, life goes on. Pickle keeps yelling at me from the sliding glass door, I keep working (not much) and sleeping (poorly, only at 4a), and next week I go to see my new doctor and get a referral to a therapist.

Kit is heading to Pittsburgh, Beth is in Myrtle Beach, Paul moves next week and Mark keeps working.  My dad ALMOST finished his thank you notes, and life keeps on keeping on.

Last week, I was so worried when my dad went to visit the Canada friends--like--"Am I going to lose him, too?"  He made it home, and wrote me the sweetest email about life keep on keeping on.  "After one month, we are all doing great, all things considered."

I received flowers today, and essential oils from some really good pals.  A book last week, lots of cards and a wonderful bracelet with St. Anthony on it, and some spa items, too.

I have friends coming to visit, and other stuff to get to.

I even cooked tonight!  We are all on the "baba diet" (my mom's nickname the grandkids used is Baba and we all embraced it and I loved calling her baba)---meaning drinking and eating just enough.

And, while I was cooking in my new kitchen, I had a long chat with my mom tonight and told her that we miss her, but we are all continuing on.  I didn't shed a tear!

I called United to sort out a refund for the flights for my mom and dad, from when they were coming to LA in June.  United customer service was very nice, but in the end, I had to submit forms online and submit my mom's death certificate.  Not the most pleasant of tasks---and then, when I tried to upload an image of the death certificate, the file size was too large.  Good god!

Anyway, herbs grow, flowers bloom, sisters fight about dumb shit, we all take walks and bike rides and see friends and family.

And, I, need a job.

So, if anyone has any good leads:  I can type, write, pitch ideas, negotiate, train, teach improv and writing, answer phones, plan events and need some work.

Thank you to all of you for your kind words, calls, cards, fb notes, letters, gifts, food, and support.

I hope I can support you in all that comes your way down the road.

oh!  And the best news of all---so many people have donated to the Blessing House, my mom's preferred charity!

We don't have the list of all the wonderful donations to the Blessing House---but when we do, we'll get out thank you notes and such.

And Mom keeps visiting me in my dreams.  That's a big part of why I keep sleeping in--to get some time with Mom.

Keep your family close, and your friends close, and hugs and kisses to you all.

Becky

No comments: