Saturday, April 7, 2007

Dustin, dancer, grandson


Wednesday March 21, 2007, part 1
I’m sitting in Starbucks with Carly, Darryl and Dustin. Dustin’s a 19-year old dancer with the NCL production company. All of the dancers and singers, save two, are leaving on Saturday. The replacement cast is here, and have been on the outskirts of our social circle, but I’ve been mostly ignoring them.

Dustin is my special friend….as predicted by my predecessor, Ali Davis.

He’s full of energy and super sassy and young and sweet. I like him a lot…he’s sort of an unlikely friend that I’ll miss.

He’s adopted Homer and I as his grandparents, which sounds a little bit like silly high school drama, but such is boat life. Grandma is happy to adopt him, I think Grandpa is a little more indifferent.

No comments: