Sunday, May 17, 2020

TOO MUCH TV

Coronapurchases
I'm lucky enough that I am still working, and working at a job that I love!  Unfortunately,  I also bring with me a ton of debt.  So, Corona is a welcome respite from normal expenses like eating out, or my favorite, Dunkin' Donuts.  It also means no gym for me (I had just joined the Y and was so excited about the classes).

Also, though I am surrounded by hills and hiking--I don't love working out with a mask.  Plus, I have plenty of time on my hands.

Hence...here are my big corona purchases:

A tiny keyboard for a small space!
1) A child's keyboard and piano lessons from my niece Olivia.  She taught me middle c, scales, and sent me 2 songs to learn:  Over the Rainbow and When the Saints come Marching in!  I texted her back and said "I love these songs" and she wrote "I figured you would!"  I don't have children and I don't plan on stealing anyone's...but I do really get a kick out of being an Aunt.


2)Library Books
I have been watching too much tv for my little brain.  Going on to Facebook, People.com and avoiding Instagram.  I have been missing biking, hiking, eating out, etc...even though I can still do those things (well, not eating out)! So, I decided to load up the old ipad with a ton of books.  (Normally, when I don't have anything to read, I grab a Harry Potter or Little House and re-read those series).    Now, my closest friends know that my fast reading skills are a huge point of pride (is there a test I can take to prove how fast I was, and if i was continuing to improve).  Read during Corona:  All the Besty-Tacy-Tib books, Loretta Lynn Biography, Stephen King's The Outsider,  Tina Brown's Biography of Princess Diana, shoot...I'll have to get up to check my ipad to see what else and my coffee is the perfect sipping temperature so I'll have to delay.  Anyway, I've read a ton LESS than watching TV and realized...my brain is turning to mush.  Let's get the reading going!

3) Podcasts
I do listen to a ton of podcasts:  favorites include:  The Daily, Again with this, Pod Save the Queen, Startup. I was on "happier in hollywood" but haven't felt like listening to that lately.

4) A rebounder!  (That's what they call a home trampoline!)  This will hopefully solve my mask fitness problems...ha!  Anyway, I couldn't assemble it because the net was too tight so I hired a neighbor to put it together and he finished it this morning!  There are exercise routines in the booklet that I hope to try tmw.  This particular rebounder is made in germany, with exercise routines that are very german and I am german, so I am looking forward to trying their routines out! (The Beagle was also a bargain---they let me have her for free because she was a rescue!  There was a nominal fee, but it was worth it!)
It's a trampoline, not a rebounder.  Stupid.
I can't wait to try the ball one!

There is no way you would ever be this serious on a trampoline.  They are so much more fun than that and you can wear crazy socks!

5) A rug!  From Aldi!  It's so cute--a rag rug in bright colors. I re-arranged furniture yesterday and hope to find a home for it.  My big bitch about my apartment is I don't get much light. So, I decided to set up a little reading and writing nook in the corner by the window,
Club Chair courtesy Winnemac Yard Sale, Grey pouf Courtesy Samsucks Pop-up program via CB2, Painting courtesy Crate and Barrel floor sample.  Fluffy dog bed courtesy Amazon, price upon request.
and I'm happily sitting here now with 5 of my favorite things:  a cup of coffee, a fake pendleton blanket my mom got at a garage sale that I immediately grabbed in the after-death clothing swap, this big white club chair that my mom and I got at a yard sale across from my old condo, a grey poof used in a pop-up shop that I worked at last spring, and plants. I could go on and on about the bargains in my apartment (my coffee table was on clearance, the piece of art above my chair was priced at $600 at crate and barrel but I got the floor model for $60, my mcm desk I got at an old lady's apartment sale for $120, the fuscia rolling desk chair I got from the curb, the turquoise vase I got from the giveaway library, the teal couch I hunted high and low for and got at Macy's on sale during the memorial day sale, the poufs I got at Crate and Barrel outlet, these curtains are from Andy and John and works great, the hanging lamp is from Corey and Mo, the copper cocktail shaker is from Aldi and I've given at a gift to 3 of my nephews, the mirrored side table was from Crate and Barrel outlet, on clearance). I am CHEAP!  And proud of it!  Anyway, no furniture purchases during Corona.  Though it's very tempting!  Instead, some re-arranging.
Mid-Century Modern Desk Courtesy Estate Sale on Winnemac in Andersonville, Large Monitor courtesy of neighbor John and Katie for watching their dog, Fuschia Rolling chair courtesy curb lawn (or neighbor ?)

Turquoise vase courtesy Giveaway library Team Rodney, Mirrored side table Courtesy Crate and Barrel Outlet, Copper Cocktail shaker, courtesy Aldi, Console stand courtesy neighbor John and Katie's recent move


Curtains courtesy of Andy and John, courtesy of their former landlords in Chicago

Console courtesy curb lawn, JC Penney stereo courtesy of JC Penney xmas gift card from my nephews, records courtesy of Eldridge 70's collection and garage sale finds)




Coffee table, Pouf (in the background Aldi candle set in fireplace)





No comments: