Friday, January 27, 2017

Dick jokes


LA3

One big thing that happens in LA and I want to tap in to is showcases, for both writers and performers.  A friend of a friend wrote for the CBS diversity sketch comedy showcase, so went to go see the show right after I signed my lease.  I only had a car for the day before (had rented from Turo, which is like airbnb, but for your car—it was amazing, and my driver picked me up from LAX. Picked me up! I love trying new technology and such).  Anyway, my Turo car was gone, so I ubered all over LA.  Before Monday, I was contemplating flying with pickle under the seat, but decided to drive.  For me, I really do need a car.  I want to go on some LA adventures, and not be limited to bus/metro/car sharing.  Anyway, I went to the showcase, and it was pretty awesome.  A real mixed bag in terms of writing (lots of dick jokes) but a great cast.

I ate at a hawaiian joint after and then went back to the airbnb and took a GOD DAMN nap to prep for class that night.

Naps are how I deal with stress.


No comments: