Saturday, January 23, 2021

Pulling the Rip Cord

I head to LA tomorrow for the next adventure.  Packing up my place and putting it into storage.  I'm mostly ready---but am wondering what it'll be like to walk in and see the Pickle items (For new readers-Pickle was my now-dead Beagle that I killed on a road trip from LA to Cleveland).

Anyway, this Covid pandemic was keeping me home, I was working from home and seeing no one so I decided to come to Ohio for a bit.  That soon became a bit longer.  And then, a while.  And then, may as well stay for the holidays to OH SHIT my ass got laid off and I have no CASH so into a period of austerity.

Thankfully, I have a huge and supportive family and friends here in Elyria, and feel I can still have a life here, for now.

It's where I want to be at the end of the world (I DON'T think the world is ending, but it does express my sentiments) and so this layoff, while out of the blue and surprising, is forcing my hand.

I couldn't actually afford rent on my income, so now, I'm not going to be paying rent!  That's a huge relief.

Anyway, please don't rob me, send some love and with any luck, I'll be back in LA in the fall.

Stay safe peeps this little bird has flown!

No comments: