Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Brad Pitt or George Clooney?

Sunday, February 11, 2007.
(pic of dressing bottles)
I slept in today, and then watched Ocean’s 12. Brad Pitt has never really done it for me—he seems a little bit like the student council president who stumbled into Hollywood and tries to legitimize his intelligence by being way into architecture. But, George Clooney still wins me every time. On TNT’s primetime in the daytime, which we get in the cabins, they play episodes from the early days of ER. In a recent episode, he realized he had been ignoring his fiancĂ©, Carol because he had been so busy doing reports on the emergency peds department. So, he came home early and climbed into the bathtub with her, with his clothes on. They ended the episode there, but I imagine the water level in the tub got to high, so they had to get out pretty quickly to avoid flooding the bathroom.

In the gym today, I was on the elliptical, and I was flanked for a few minutes by two women who were wearing street clothes, and on the machines for the novelty value of working out on their cruise. They spoke back and forth over my head, so I could barely understand the movie dialogue.

After my workout, at Raffles I sat next to a passenger couple that was comparing the salad dressing presentation to Celebrity Cruises.
“You wouldn’t see the bottles just sitting out like that on Celebrity. Even if they were from a bottle, they’d at least put them in a little thingy.”

Off to rehearsal…..and then scrabble and maybe recovery of my internet card. Busy day!

2 comments:

cyn said...

I agree with your assessment of Brad Pitt. I have a difficult time explaining my luke warm feelings toward him, but you have hit the nail on the head...

Amy P. said...

I know those two ladies at the ship-shape gym. I'll bet one was sporting open-toe footwear and the other carried her purse while on the elliptical trainer. I'm on the Brad Pitt ambivalence train, with the exception of A River Runs Through It.