Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Can I get a whoop whoop?


Monday, February 26, 2007


I’m sitting again in the Conservatory, and the cruise staff is leading bingo behind me. The cruise staff works as entertainment directors for the cruise. Right now, Jay Pepper, is hosting bingo. Jay’s fascinating to me—he’s that guy at spring break in Daytona that was on the mic and led everyone in a topless volleyball game. Or, that guy at the Frat house who got everyone to play beer pong, and drew up a tournament schedule, but didn’t make it seem dorky. As he calls bingo, he regales the players with stories and tips for upcoming ports. Occasionally, he’ll do a check-in to raise the roof on the bingo players’ enthusiasm. As in…”How are we all doing out there?” or, “Let me hear you!”. This sort of crowd banter drives some people nuts---I’m somewhere in between. But I guess today I’m ready to get off the boat, because when he mentioned the Bluebeard Beach Club as a cool place to go, I hollered and whooped---“whoo-hooo! Yah! Bluebeard’s”. I was surprised by this, and immediately seized my whooping. But still, these antics can be catching on board the ship. Let’s get the party started, y’all…..St. Thomas tomorrow.

1 comment:

cyn said...

Please tell me there's a Lido deck and shuffle board. Knowing how competitive you are, I can only imagine a tournament. BTW, I've signed up for a blog so I can post comments... there will be nothing written on my blog, which is why it is called, "um... what blog?"