Tuesday, February 27, 2007

February, 13, 2007
Today in St. Thomas, we had a great day. I went on the Screaming Eagle with Homer, Joe and some passengers.

The Screaming Eagle is a super-fast powerboat thrill ride. We rode around St. Thomas, and our “Captain” pointed out the St. Thomas homes of David Letterman and Michael Jordan’s mother. They’re neighbors! Maybe they have coffee together sometimes.

The Eagle rocked us around, spinning in 360 degree turns, spraying us with sea water. It was actually really fun, and I found myself screaming and laughing and enjoyed the sun on my face and my soaking wet street clothes.

After a while, we pulled up to a cove, and the Eagle shifted to idle mode, and we circled the cove looking for giant sea turtles. “Some can way 100-plus pounds” said the captain. “Keep looking, we’ve seen some really big ones over here before. They’re endangered, but beautiful creatures.”

I looked in the water for a bit, but then turned my attention to the propellers of the Screaming Eagle, thinking that would probably be the most likely place to find a sea turtle flipper.

No comments: