Sunday, November 30, 2008

Long strange trip it's been

"I was this close to Jerry...as close to him as you are to me right now"

Paul Gilbert, talking to Kitty about seeing The Jerry Garcia Band in SF in the 90s.

"I'm Mister Heat Miser, because I'm more little then Noah."

Simon Dover, telling me how he and his brother have split up the roles of the feuding Miser brothers from "A Year without a Santa Claus"

"That not the real Santa.  He's a cartoon."

Noah Edward, explaining that the Rankin-Bass Santa was an entertaining imposter

"Oh.  They don't know who the father is because both of the brothers donated sperm.  So I guess we'll find out."

My mom, as we watched previews for "Brothers and Sisters" on ABC.

"You know who your dad likes."

"Gabby?"

"Yes.  But I guess we all like Gabby the best"

Watching "Desperate Housewives"

"I don't want to committ to anymore tv."

"Oh.  Why not?  Your sister Beth watches it too"

And my mom has a point.  It's not like I'm working or anything.

One more day.

No comments: