Thursday, November 20, 2008

Out of work

So, I don't have a job right now.  I've had a few money-generating here and there jobs (babysitting, sub teaching at Second City), but no real, pay the mortgage, job job comes in until February.

Which means, that right now, I can fill my time however I chose to fill it.  This week, I babysat twice, I did laundry and chores all day on Tuesday, and tomorrow, I'm going on a lunch with an advertising friend, to visit, and see about jobs.

I am at a point where I am starting to think about how can I get the cool jobs I've always thought about?  Something in tv production?  That was my major.

Or, a freelance writer?

How about working for NPR?

Or, maybe on an EXCITING movie set!

I like libraries, coffee shops and walking, what job can I get that involves those things?

I am information-interviewing, deck-researching, sleeping-in fool who is experiencing a high level of idea generation, but a low level of actual doing it.

I guess it's similar to the cruise--with the option of all day to do something, what do you get done?

Anyway, at least here, I can do laundry, cook, clean, go on walks in the real outdoors, and get some stuff done.  Though, at times, it feels like I'm re-arranging deck chairs instead of focussing on the big goals.

But what are the big goals?  Writing? Acting?  Sales?  Money?  Creativity?

That is the question.....

No comments: