Monday, November 3, 2008

Pagaent!

For Apes tonight, I really phoned it in. I didn't give much effort to my three areas of evaluation (it was a Beauty Pageant) and I pulled out an old bit from Band Geeks for the talent portion.

One of my goals with Apes has been to create new material each week...but tonight, it just wasn't happening.

My apes experience has been really wonderful---and I wish I could re-do all the challenges.

I'm definitely not an outside-of-the box thinker for these--I think I've done everyone very literally, and by the rules (if the video is supposed to be 3 minutes, then, by god, I'm not going to go over).

It's not really about the judging (well, you can pretend it's not, but it is) but it's also about putting stuff up every week.

And I realize, my ha ha area is really more in writing in an ensemble.

I really enjoyed doing stand-up, I LOVED the pageant tonight because I felt like utter crap and I still did the handstand in the baton section.  On no food!

I have to say, I'm looking forward to the show being over.  

And not having it hanging on my brain ALL the time.

So, one more week, I've got my thing figured out.  I just need to do it now for the finale.



1 comment:

Erica said...

I hear you. It is tough, and those 8 weeks are rough. It is a fun commitment, but a stressful commitment nonetheless. I thought you did great tonight, especially being so sick, and Fuzzy got a super great shot of you from the Introduction. Go Becky!