Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wow

I just saw the movie of the Into the Wild.  I loved loved loved it.  Man, it's so great.  I'm listening to the "actors" talking about the movie, and Sean Penn, etc.  It's pretty awesome, as I sit here, that Sean Penn is being interviewed about the movie, and he's smoking.  You know, he's Sean Penn, he can't be bothered by convention and as he's being interviewed, he just HAS to smoke.

Hilarious.

It does make me want to move out west to live in the desert. And, to go to Slab City.  I really dug the California desert when I was out there in May.  Oh my god, I totally just wrote Dug, and it's clear that I'm being influenced by the cool, crunchy, uber non-traditional hikey sort of thing that this movie is talking about.

Next up on special movie night is The Dark Knight.

Christmas was good.  New Years was great.  I'm taking off a night from drinking and excess to be in my house alone alone alone.

Everyone, be cool.  Don't be cynical.  Embrace it all.  

Toodles.

No comments: