Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!

I just looked out my window and saw a girl with cross country skis walking west on Winnemac---I love this day!

I will first say, I know that the majority of people have to work, and for you contribution to the engine of commerce and society, I thank you.

And now, here's what's happening here...

Yesterday, I went to the Art Institute.  Man, they've got some good stuff there.  My absolute favorite things this time were the architectural remnants hanging on the walls of the Great Hall (Sullivan, Wright, the lady designer Wright worked with, some more stuff) and the Egyptian Mummy stuff.  A close second were the God and Goddess sculptures from Nepal.

I went for free, because I got the free pass from the library---thank you CITY of CHICAGO!

As I exited the Art Institute, and looked west, the sun was going down, the sky was purple and mottled grey, and the lights were a twinklin' on all the great sights--the Symphony, the El, the weird Bennigans, etc.  I LOVED it!

Then, I came home, shovelled a bit, caught up with Brandon and Steve and STONER (at the end of the episode, they all make nice, catch the guy who hit and run Andrea, and met up at the Peach Pit.  They even let Stoner join them, and when he declared how nice it was that they all had each other, I thought---oh cool!  They're going to fake be-friend Stoner.  But no, Steve looked around at the Gang and said something to the effect of "Yes, we're very lucky"  Fade to Black.  Poor STONER, no one wants to be your friend.  You are trouble with a capital T.)

Next on the agenda--Dance Jam at Cheetah!  This was really fun, and of course, hilariously impossible for me, as I have limited coordination and give up really easily.  The teacher teaches a bunch of choerography, and then you dance to it for the last half hour.  It was really tough, but really fun.

I showered, saunaed and then met Amy P at Late-r night Andersonville for some late night shopping---fun fun fun.  We ate at Andie's , (hello CREPES) and then shopped some more. 

Lis strolled on over for wine and snow watching, and then we watched the new muppet xmas special. It was eh---sort of lame, but nice to see those characters you love.  I think the writers' approach was to throw in everyone from the muppet gang that you love and have them say their seminal line (Janice's only line was "for sure"), and then move on.

There was also a weird, no-necked bear who had a maybe gay relationship with Nathan Lane, who were officers in the TSA?

Anyway, we pooped out on it and I went to bed in case the snow didn't cancel Heather's school.

But it did!  So, I didn't end up watching Daphne today and I slept in.

So, Andy's strumming his guitar, I'm sipping coffee and typing away here, and all is good in the world.

Later today, I'm going to go buy some baking soda, if I'm lucky.


No comments: