Friday, July 15, 2016

Gig for free (or why the majority of us do improv is because we love it, and there is very little $ in it for the casual player)

GIG!
7/15/16
Rehearsal: I have been rehearsing for The Neutrino Project, an improvised movie, and we are re-mounting a show from, egads, 7 years ago!  Essentially, there are 4 teams including actors and cameramen, and we all gather at the beginning of the show and get a suggestion of a movie title.  We all run out, and begin filming immediately, and then the audience watches our scenes almost right after we finish filming them.  It’s fun, and a bit technical, and the producers are amazing to do this show year after year.

Lots has changed---and it’s nice to be back with the old gang.  This is technically a gig---but we don’t get paid.  Years ago, we did a custom show of this for Museum of Science and Industry---and it is making me want to recall what gig I was doing then, that I was free to do the show.  I’ll have to go back and look—but I think I was doing freelance media sales by then.  This isn’t my first time on the gig rodeo, y’all.

That’s where I got my beloved baby chick wind-up, and where a cast member told me to “calm down” when I got excite and wanted to get moving to a location.  He was probably man-splaining, and probably right.



Anyway, Neutrino Project: The Instant Movie is now running on Sundays.  Details here--I am NOT in the show on July 17.

Neutrino Project: The Instant Movie will be running at Laugh Out Loud Theater, 3851 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL Sundays from July 10 to August 14 at 5 PM. The new run is a co-production of FuzzyCo and Jinks, a Production Concern.




http://fuzzyco.com/productions/neutrino/

No comments: