Monday, July 11, 2016

GIG!!!


GIG!

Hi world.  My name is Becky Eldridge, I live and work in Chicago (Illinois).  Over the years, I’ve worked in media planning and buying/media sales/improv comedy/sketch comedy.  I have freelanced on and off in my “career,” and at one point, gave a mini-fake Ted Talk entitled “how to get ahead by quitting”.  Last month, I quit my good, steady, career-type sales job and now today is my first full week without a paycheck.  I’ve done some freelance work since then, and am also doing AirBnB, Uber, Lyft, etc.  This is the blog about my new life.  My goal is to break even on $ everyday, and maybe even not have to dip in to my savings.  

Lots of people do this gigging, so it's nothing new and I am open to any ideas at all for work.  Except probably babysitting?  GIG!

(ps--I haven't decided to host this blog on a unique URL, as the only good domain name I could find this morning was gig.uno so maybe I'll look in to that later.  For now, you can enjoy this entry, as well as entries from my old abandoned blog.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck Becky!!You are going to do great!cant wait to follow your daily adventures!!