Saturday, July 23, 2016

T in the P!

7/23/16
RNC done!  I ended up not getting as many rides as I thought I would---and most of them were people escaping Cleveland because of work.  I did meet a writer for the Eric Andre show –he was super-nice and I checked out the clips they’ve done---funny.

I did ride down one day via bike and that was AWESOME!  Biked to Ohio City, and ran in to Mo Rocca, and gave him directions to the West Side Market.  Had a lovely beer in a garden outside, noted that all the cops in Ohio City were from Elyria!  And then I biked that giant bridge that goes across the flats to downtown. 

I bumped in to protestors at Public Square, along with that bad-ass Cleveland Police Chief.  (Later, I was telling stories at Elyria HQ on Gulf Road, and none of us could remember the name of Public Square.  Kitty kept calling it Terminal Tower Square---and I kept saying “I don’t think so” and then we looked it up and it’s PUBLIC.  As my dad Bruce said “It’s so obvious, but none of us could think of it”.)

And then I saw so many cops from all over!  South Carolina!  A ton of Georgia!  I spoke to some Georgia ones, and asked if they had ever been to Cleveland---they said no, and I recommended that they take a break and swim in Lake Erie to cool off!

West 4th (or is it West 9th) was media row, and MSNBC had a giant, clear mini-recording studio, and people were waving their freak flags all over. I loved it!  I spied a blanket with Trump, a peace activist handing out flower pens “for peace”, and a t-shirt with the original T in the P Trump logo!

I never actually made it to the Q, as I got hungry and really wanted a burger.

Oh! My nephew Tad is moving to downtown Cleveland---so got to see his apartment.

Have I mentioned yet that if you are from NE Ohio, you refer to Cleveland as “DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND”?  It’s funny, because in the Chicago-land area, it’s always “The CITY”, which I think is a NYC suburb thing, too.

Ended the day with a dip in the pool at Elyria HQ, and watching the RNC live.


No comments: