Thursday, August 11, 2016

What a feeling!

OMG the feeling to be away from that last job is awesome! 

It was just not a great fit.

I can recall being told that I "asked too many questions" whenever they rolled out new products.  Uh, okay.  I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future.

I actually really liked the product, and the new stuff we were doing, and our office in the midwest, but I could not DEAL with the internal teams.  

I think that's a common problem for me, I better keep that in mind.  

But, I would often get one-sheeters and crap to send out to my client with misspelled words, or a different version of our logo,  cheesy clip-art or a million different fonts.  I mean, that's advertising 101.

I think I also got in trouble for sharing the definition of Millenial with a co-worker who thought Millenials were only girls age 14-17.    Um,  millenials came of age at the millenial, ie the year 2000. 

Which means, the oldest ones are now 18 + 16 = 34.  Not 14.  

When I quit, the CEO said he’d like to “keep the conversation going”, and wanted me to meet a new lady in charge in some new way that would make everything better.  

I didn't hear from him at all on his most recent visit to Chicago.

Not to be catty, but ok, to be a bit catty, when he or the VP of sales came to see us in Chicago I would often sense they didn’t know our names.  That certainly does very little to inspire confidence when we were the most successful sales region.

I’d love to post a review on Glass Door---but whenever any former employee posts their true sense of what it was like to work there, the tech dude counters them with a “why they are wrong” note.  

That certainly creates an atmosphere of feedback being accepted!

Anyway, I am GLAD to be gone from there.  I told them I mostly needed a break from sales, which is mostly true.  But I also needed a break from that place.

I'd rather drive strangers around in a car than work there.


GIG!

No comments: